Download VLC Media Player Free for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and MAC
One of the best player used for media purposes is the VLC media player and can be downloaded for free. From the official download page of this media player, you can get it and the link of the same is - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html.
At the time of downloading, you will get 3 types of files that can be utilized to install VLC Media Player:
An Exe Installer Package which is a direct installing .exe file.
A 7zip Package: A .7z file which needs file compressor 7 Zip in order get and extract the contents of this file.
A Zip Package which is a Zip compressed package file.
The file that you will get from this link will come by this name – vlc-2.1.0-win32.7z, vlc-2.1.0-win32.exe and vlc-2.1.0-win32.zip for the 7Zip, Exe and Zip packages.
Steps To Download VLC Media Player For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and MAC
- With the help of .exe installer package, install the downloaded file in Windows 10. it should be noted here that in different windows versions, the steps to do this entire process is also different.
- Now find and open the downloaded .exe installation file which is either, vlc-2.1.0-win32.exe or vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe.
- Even if there is a prompt appearing that says the publisher isn’t verified, you still need to click on “Run”.
- For any windows permissions, click on the “Yes” button and give the permissions.
- During the installation, language selection becomes important and when it is done, it is necessary that you click “OK”.
- Hitting OK will commence the installation process and then to move to the next step, hit the “Next” button.
- Now the license agreement needs to be reviewed and further “Next” button needs to be clicked to continue further.
- Here, it is necessary that you choose the components to be installed by you. Although, the default option might operate good still reviewing them would be a good option. The info on the various components of Media player that are needed is given here.
How To Install VLC Media Player
- Installation of VLC Media Player – this is a default selection and cannot be changed.
- Start Menu Shortcut: A VLC menu needs to be placed on the Windows start menu as per your convenience.
- Desktop Shortcut: to get an easy launch of this media player, it is advised that a shortcut icon of the same is placed on the desktop.
- Web Plugins: for playing or streaming web videos, Mozilla and Active X Plugins are needed to do so directly from your browser(s).
- File Type Associations: Select individual files in order to make VLC as the default player.
- Audio: Association with all popular audio files.
- Discs Playback: To play DVD and CD inserted into your PC.
- Video: Association with all popular video file formats.
- Others: There is a good association with different file formats such as .b4s, .asx, .bin.
- Context Menus: in the right click menu, add as “Play with VLC” and “Add to VLC’s Playlist”.
- Delete Preferences and caches: deleting of saved preferences and caches can be done from here if any from the previous installation.
- It is necessary that you choose the location on your disk where you want to install the VLC media player. Although, the default setting is good enough still changing them as per your preferences is what we would like to recommend here.
- Now, the bar that shows the installation progress will increase and it will increase to end until the installation process ends.
- A confirmation will appear as soon as the installation gets completed.
- Now, that the screen has appeared on your screen, you have successfully completed the installation of the VLC media player. Now, once you have checked for the “Run VLC media player” in the above step then it's a clear go for you to start with opening the player.
It's a play time once you are done with all the above-given steps. Once, you start playing this player, you will get to know how good is this traffic cone is. Now, every time, you got to listen to something or see something, VLC is here!
Installing by taking the help of downloaded archive file (7z or zip)
- Find the archive file of the downloaded VLC and open it. The file may be named as vlc-2.1.0-win32.zip or vlc-2.1.0-win32.7z. Remember that this file can be opened by WinRar.
- Now once the file is opened in WinRar. Extract the files using this application into a specific folder.
- Post extracting the file, locate it and open it.
- Find the file with vlc.exe name and run.
- Installation Process willl start.
We hope that the steps are clear enough and if you have anything say, ask or suggest, comment below.